What’s New at UW?
News, articles, features, and more covering all aspects of sustainability.
The University of Wisconsin–Madison, in joint leadership with more than 15 partners across the region, will launch the Midwest Climate Collaborative (MCC) at a virtual gathering on January 28, 2022. The MCC is a cross-sector …
On August 4th, 2021, the Office of Sustainability informed campus users of changes to the UW–Madison food waste collection program. As part of the announcement, a survey was circulated to assess the thoughts, opinions, and …
- More News posts
Spotlights and updates on the UW–Madison Resilience Commitment.
Resilience Spotlight: La Follette Faculty and Students Conduct Living Lab Cost-Benefit Analysis of 100% Renewable Energy Options
This hands-on, real-world research will inform the Office of Sustainability about available options for improving campus sustainability and resilience.
Today’s building specifications are designed for local weather conditions based on historical data. As future weather conditions vary significantly from historic trends due to human-induced climate change, building specifications must be recalibrated away from the …
- More Resilience posts
Student Voices in Sustainability
Hear from future leaders in the field of sustainability!
In our In Case You Missed It series (also known as ICYMI), students working at the Office of Sustainability offer reflective reports on sustainability-related events and lectures at UW–Madison. The following entry is by Nina Delgadillo. …
In our “Where Are They Now?” series, current student interns interview former interns about their experience at the Office of Sustainability, and in particular how that experience has helped them since graduation. In the following …
- More Student posts
- January 24Electrical and Computer Engineering Distinguished Alumni Seminar Series - Dr. Thomas J. Overbye (BS'83, MS'88, PhD'91)Enhancing the Resilience and Sustainability of Large-scale Electric Grids11:00 AM, 1610 Engineering Hall
- January 31America's Energy Gamble: People, Economy and PlanetSustainable Energy Seminar3:30 PM, Online
- February 3Culture and Conservation: Black Communities Advancing Environmental Justice and StewardshipArboretum Winter Enrichment Lecture10:00 AM, Online
- February 5Ecological Restoration Work PartyArboretum Wingra Oak Savanna9:00 AM, Meet at Arbor Dr parking lot (off Monroe St), UW–Madison Arboretum
- February 5Frozen Assets 5K Run/Walk10:00 AM, The Edgewater
- February 10
- February 12Ecological Restoration Work PartyArboretum Core Area and Curtis Prairie9:00 AM, Meet at Visitor Center (2880 Longenecker Dr), UW–Madison Arboretum
- February 17
To feature an event on the Sustainability Events Calendar, please add it to the main UW–Madison event calendar and include “sustainability” in the tags field.
Sign up to receive the campus sustainability newsletter, which includes updates on campus sustainability, news, events, and internship and job opportunities.
This is an accordion element with a series of buttons that open and close related content panels.
- Broken link: Taking the trash out of Camp Randall