Organized around the domains of Culture, Purpose, and Practice the priorities defined by the SAC form the strategy and actions needed to make UW-Madison a leader in sustainability.
Make sustainability principles part of our day-to-day interactions, operations, and decision-making.
- Integrate sustainability
- Center social sustainability to support diversity, equity, inclusion, and access
- Recognize UW-Madison as a leader in sustainability
- Deliver survey to students, faculty, and staff assessing UW-Madison’s sustainability culture
- Develop criteria and process for selection of, and organize celebration for, sustainability recognition and award recipients (individuals or teams)
- Deliver sustainability orientation presentation during SOAR, graduate student orientation, and employee onboarding
- Develop and deliver regular schools / college / division / department (S/C/D) level sustainability progress reports and workshops
- Institutional structures and/or staffing to advance the priorities defined by the SAC
- Design and implement processes to ensure consideration of the priorities defined by the SAC in strategic decision-making
Elevate sustainability as a discipline, support collaborative research, and expand learning opportunities.
- Expand sustainability learning opportunities and collaborations
- Establish a distinctive home for sustainability research, education, and operations
- Champion sustainability research
- Designate the Office of Sustainability as a departmental sponsor for student organizations
- Deliver survey to students, faculty, and staff assessing UW-Madison’s sustainability literacy
- Develop guidelines and materials to support sustainable study abroad
- Develop an inventory of campus resources and operations experts and processes for facilitating and executing campus as a living lab coursework
- Develop a sustainability research guide through the libraries
- Incorporate sustainability into Athletics life skills training
“Walk the talk” with policies, procedures, and systems that build a sustainable university.
- Plan and design for a sustainable and regenerative university
- Pursue carbon neutrality
- Achieve zero waste
- Build and operate a sustainable campus
- Complete Campus Zero Waste Assessment and Strategic Plan
- Implement Ingraham Hall Bin Infrastructure Pilot Study
- Achieve Bee Campus USA & Tree Campus USA certifications
- Sustainability line item for capital projects
- Sustainability Pilot Projects (Efficiency, Renewables, EVs)
- Supplier diversity partnership