Want to join a group of campus colleagues and peers to engage in thoughtful discussion about the sustainability-themed MOOCs?
Register for a Discussion Group Today!
UW–Madison’s Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs) are free, not-for-credit courses that are open to all learners including staff and faculty at UW–Madison. The 2015 MOOC lineup includes five sustainability-themed four-week sessions. The Office of Sustainability is organizing facilitated discussion sessions for campus faculty, staff (classified and unclassified) and students who are enrolled in one or more MOOCs. Registration for discussion groups will remain open until all seats filled.
Refreshments will be provided and participants will receive a certificate of completion from the Vice Provost for Lifelong Learning and Dean of Continuing Studies.
These discussion groups:
- will meet for one hour per week for the duration of the MOOC (4 weeks)
- are informal; participation is not-for-credit and will not be evaluated
- are self-structured; format and structure is decided by group members
- will have between 8 to 10 members
- will be facilitated by a group member
- are free to all participants
- are only open to members of the UW community
To join a discussion group:
Step 1: Enroll in the MOOC of interest
Step 2: Register for a discussion group
To learn more about the UW–Madison MOOCs and enroll please visit moocs.wisc.edu. The curriculum release schedule for sustainability-themed MOOCs is as follows:
June 21: Energy and the Earth
Questions about the MOOC discussion groups can be directed to Amulya Rao at email@example.com.Read the full article at: http://sustainability.wisc.edu/sustainability-discussion-groups/